5 Ways You’re Doing Digital Marketing Wrong
Have you been putting in the effort to create an awesome marketing strategy, but your results are falling short of your goals? Well you're not alone because many of our clients ask us what they could be missing from their efforts to get less than stellar results. We took some time to come up with a list of things that you’re doing wrong when it comes to your digital marketing strategy when you aren’t getting results.
1. You’ve Forgotten Who You’re Marketing To
You need to identify your target audience and get to know as much as you can about their pain points, buying habits and where they spend their time when online. By doing this, your marketing will be a breeze! If you want to deliver a strong message, you have to know who you are talking to.
2. “Winging It” Seemed Like a Good Idea
All the techniques and stealth tactics in the world aren't going to help if you don't have a strategy nailed down. Without a firm plan in place, how can you know what tricks to pull out of your hat to make it work? Just like you wouldn't head for battle without a strategy to win, don't pull out all the stops with your marketing efforts without a sound strategy.
3. It Didn’t Need to Be Mobile-Friendly
As your Edmonton digital marketing company, we've been reinforcing the mobile-first mentality. You need to design, create content and well, do everything with mobile customers in mind or you're just not going to realize the maximum ROI for your marketing efforts. Remember, on average people are on their phones around 150 times a day and you don’t want to miss out on those opportunities, do you?
4. You Thought SEO is Redundant
A big part of SEO is ensuring you produce content that contains the natural use of your keywords, but by no means is SEO dead. If digital marketing for your Edmonton business doesn't include optimizing for search engines, you are going to disappear off the face of search engine results. If you don't work to show up in search engines when people are looking for your product or service, how are they going to find you? Don't ignore SEO.
5. All the Social Media, All the Time
Social media is an excellent tool for amplifying your digital marketing efforts but it's also incredibly time-consuming. You can't possibly do a good job if you're trying to spread your business across all social media platforms. Go back to the first item in this list, find out where your target audience spends most of their time and concentrate only on those social outlets. Narrow it down to the top three so you can focus on creating excellent content that your audience wants to read.
We know you do the best you can when it comes to digital marketing for your Edmonton business but it's not an easy task. That’s why at WSI Edmonton, we're here to help! Put our digital marketing expertise to work so you can focus on what you do best: handling all that new business! Contact us today to chat with our team so you can stop making these digital marketing mistakes.
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Brand’s Online Presence
- DIY Websites: A Cost Saver or Costly Mistake?
- Live Chat vs Chatbots: How to Choose Which is Right for You
- Things to Consider When Doing Local SEO for Multiple Locations
- Email Marketing for eCommerce: What Works and What Doesn’t?
- Website Mistakes that Could Cost You Customers
- How Geofencing Display Ads Can Help Your Local Business Reach New Audiences
- Online Tools & Strategies Designed to Help Businesses Win at Local SEO