Email Marketing for eCommerce: What Works and What Doesn’t?
eCommerce web design and email marketing campaigns are a winning a combination that let you provide personalized content to your target audience and increase sales. They outperform both social and organic search traffic and still deliver the best return on investment of any marketing channel. If you sell products online, partnering with an Edmonton website design company that understands how to get eCommerce web design and email marketing campaigns working together helps you provide more value to your audience while boosting your profits. Contact us today.
Web Design & Email Marketing Working Together
Most business owners who have eCommerce websites understand the purpose of sending emails to subscribers is to get them to a landing page on their site. What’s less clear is what web design has to do with it. You might have tried some email marketing campaigns yourself but don’t understand why they aren’t converting the way you want them to. This is where website design plays a crucial role in email marketing success.
Website landing pages are designed to move prospects down the sales funnel, turning interested browsers into buyers. Getting people to your eCommerce website via email, though, is just one step in the process of selling products online. To create the perfect one-two punch for digital marketing, an eCommerce website design must be optimized to increase conversions. Together with following email marketing best practices, an effective web design is what helps you reach your sales goals faster.
Dos and Don’ts of eCommerce Email Marketing
A successful email marketing campaign is a whole lot different from writing emails to friends, family, and even business colleagues. There are email marketing best practices to be followed if you want to get the optimal results. Here are our top five.
- Personalize, personalize, personalize. It honestly can’t be said enough. From specific recommendations from past purchases to abandoned cart emails, creating personalized experiences for your subscribers gives them the individual treatment they demand.
- Dynamic email designs that include personalization provide a more meaningful experience for customers.
- Automation. eCommerce email campaigns automated to address abandoned carts, welcoming new visitors, or spark interest in a new product, provide lasting value to your eCommerce business.
- Reward loyalty. Customer loyalty emails leverage a return customer’s value, which experts say is worth up to 10 times as much as their first purchase!
- Avoid hard-sell tactics. If every email focuses on selling your product, people will disengage. Email campaigns are about building relationships via useful content that engages readers, creates trust, and leads to higher open rates.
eCommerce Website Design in Edmonton
Email remains one of the best-performing marketing channels and for the foreseeable future is here to stay. Along with
effective eCommerce website design, email campaigns help your business connect with new and long-time customers and position your brand
ahead of the competition. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company specializing in eCommerce web design and email marketing
campaigns that look great and drive more leads. Contact us today to learn more about all the digital marketing services we provide.
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO