How to Incorporate Holiday Promotions into Your eCommerce Website Design
As the holiday season approaches, now’s a good time to be thinking about incorporating promotions into your eCommerce website design. With over 60% of retailers saying they plan to ramp up their holiday marketing plans, you, too, should be looking for ways to increase traffic to your site during this profitable time. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company providing exceptional web design services for local businesses that want to sell more products online. Talk to us today about how you can offer promotions to your customers and increase online sales.
Do You Sell Products Online? Make Holiday Promotions a Part of Your eCommerce Web Design
Here are just a few of our favourite, proven ways to get your eCommerce website optimized for the holiday shopping season.
- Create a holiday content calendar. Relevant content like gift guides, targeted gift lists, holiday-specific blog posts should be created well ahead of time. Don’t forget about scheduling social media posts, too. The goal is to get people to share and talk about your products and services.
- Plan promotional emails. There’s no better time than the holidays to send promotional emails. Start with pre-holiday sales promotions and later on create emails catered to last-minute shoppers. Remember to include abandoned cart emails as well. You can add an incentive, such as a percentage off or a buy 2 get 1 free offer, to encourage people to come back and complete their purchase.
- Consider creating a unique mobile experience to offer a more enjoyable experience for your customers. Research shows nearly 40% of adults are now more interested in mobile shopping than they were just a year or two ago.
- Give people the holiday magic they crave by offering something a little unusual. For instance, you could launch an online pop-up of your eCommerce store where certain products are available only for a limited time.
- Optimize your checkout page. You can try adding interactive elements to your website design. Another great idea is to personalize upselling without being pushy by offering suggestions that complement what the customer has already added to their cart.
When it comes to specific holiday promotion ideas, consider one or more of the following:
- Free shipping site-wide or with a minimum purchase.
- Quantity discounts.
- Rewards points programs to build a loyal customer base.
- Incorporate a countdown clock into your web design so people know when an offer expires.
- Include promotions and sales into banners, remarketing ads, and Google Ads.
Prepping Your eCommerce Website Design for the Holidays
The good news is you still have time to optimize your web design for the holiday season. The even better news is that Smart WSI Marketing can help ensure you get your holiday promotions implemented quickly. We’re an Edmonton website design company with expertise in optimizing eCommerce websites so they provide the stress-free shopping experience customers appreciate during the busiest time of the year. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how we can help incorporate holiday promotions and more into your web design.
- Quick Wins with Social Media Advertising
- Why Your Business Won't Survive without Content Marketing
- What the 2021 Social Media Predictions Got Wrong
- Take Action to Win Back Your Customers
- Social Media Myths that Can Hurt Your Business
- The ONE Mistake You're Making on Mobile - It's a Big One
- SEM - Your Key to Success
- What Experts Predict for SEO in 2023
- Stop Promoting Homepage Bounces
- 5 Ways Web Design Supports Your SEO Efforts