How to Win Over the Ever-Evolving Consumer with an Awesome eCommerce Website
Is your eCommerce website bringing in the business it could—and should—be? Annual worldwide online retail sales are expected to be a whopping $6.54 trillion by the year 2023. In 2019, Canadian eCommerce sales were just over $1.8 billion on mobile apps across multiple platforms. If your business sells products online, it’s vital you have a website design that answers the current needs of consumers. An Edmonton website design company that understands those needs are constantly evolving can help you create a digital customer experience that engages, delights, and converts. Contact us to learn more.
How Web Design Optimizes the Customer Experience
No matter how great your offerings, when you sell products online it’s not enough to list product descriptions, add an image, and hope for the best. As consumers grow increasingly savvy about digital shopping, their expectation of what an eCommerce experience should offer naturally evolves.
Today’s consumers want an eCommerce website design that:
- Understands their needs, often before they know themselves what they are.
- Focuses on them having a great experience, including top-flight mobile.
- Speaks to them personally and provides tailored messaging.
- Emphasizes convenience.
As part of your brand’s digital marketing strategy, each element in your company’s web design needs to serve a specific purpose. From usability to visuals, each piece of the puzzle is crucial to a customer experience that retains current customers and attracts new ones.
Website Design for Amazing Customer Experiences
There are dozens of paths to building an eCommerce website. Here are some of the most crucial ways to make sure you’re getting it right for today’s consumer.
Homepages that sell. To make those first few seconds captivating for customers, take advantage of emerging technologies and trends. A pleasing colour palette and attractive images never go out of style, but GIFs, short videos, and content that tells a story can help convert in a way static elements cannot.
Invest in social media. Aligning social media advertising and content with your eCommerce strategy lets you capitalize on the social commerce trend and meet your customers where they like to hang out.
Make it entertaining. Done correctly, “microinteractions” are a great way to grab your audience’s attention. Key to their successful use is in not overdoing it to the point a customer gets annoyed. What’s a microinteraction? Think of them as little finishing touches that add to a pleasurable shopping experience. Examples include image enhancement when the user hovers over it, animation to track checkout progression, and confirmation messages.
Ultimately, the goal of every good eCommerce website should be to provide a customer-focused experience that keeps them coming back.
Win Over More Customers with Up-to-Date Web Design
As consumer expectations evolve it’s important to make sure your eCommerce website design evolves as well. Working with an experienced digital marketing agent can take your website to the next level, giving customers experiences they’ll remember and boosting your bottom line. If you’re ready to build an eCommerce website optimized to meet today’s consumer needs and drive conversions, Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company that can help. Contact us today to learn more.
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO