Tips for Creating Evergreen Content for SEO
Evergreen content is content that is always relevant in your industry and will remain interesting to your customers. Much like the way evergreen trees retain their leaves all year round, evergreen content never becomes dated. This type of content is powerful because search engines will continue to crawl it and rank your website in their search engine results pages for related search terms.
Evergreen content does not require a large a wordcount. It is often in the form of a website, blog post, or infographic. As long as the topic is timeless and unique to your business, it is considered evergreen. Contact us to see if evergreen content can help your business.
The following are some examples of evergreen content:
- Tutorials & instructions
- Customer testimonials
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Tips to get things done
- Product review
Below are some guidelines that will help you to create effective content that your business will benefit from for years to come.
1. Use Core Keywords
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most important aspects of digital marketing. SEO is the art of using core keywords for your business that get picked up by Google and other search engines in order to get listed in search queries and stay relevant.
2. Be an Expert
Your content should show expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness (EAT). The importance of this cannot be overstated. Evergreen content can provide your website with a look of authority. As viewers continue to spend time on your content pages, it shows search engine that your business is an expert and your content is trusted.
3. Be Flexible
Evergreen content does not have to be carved in stone or lengthy. In fact, it can be modified according to what it is being used for. It can also be redone to fit other media platforms, as long as it does not lose the gist of the message. In fact, it is also possible to take out only portions of it, called snippets, and used on social media.
Get Started Creating Your Evergreen Content
Evergreen content is the connecting tissue between the reader's interest and building trust in your business. The question is no longer whether evergreen content is important or not, but how to create it. Time, resources and money need to be invested in order create permanent assets that help your business stay relevant online. If you would like an SEO analysis to see if your business could benefit from evergreen content, reach out to us. We are happy to help!
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO