What is Inbound Marketing?
I hate to be captain obvious here, but the internet is the place to be when it comes to marketing. The developed world has gone digital! We’re all glued to our smartphones and computers and we practically fall apart when the internet goes down.
As a business owner, you want to get online and in front of your audience in the places they hangout, like on Facebook, in search engines, on Google+, Twitter, Instagram, whatever! And at the same time, you want to get the most out of your marketing budget.
You don’t want to be throwing money away by cold-calling people, hammering them with pop-ups or radio ads, or trying to lure clients in at trade shows. People don’t want advertising to interrupt their flow, they seek out what they want and are naturally pulled toward companies and products that reflect their values.
As a brand, the idea is to attract your ideal customers—bring them in. That’s why the name for this type of advertising is called inbound marketing.
So as marketers, we define who these people are and then build everything around them.
Essentially we figure out who we want, and we want these people to want us, so we create a brand that they can buy into.
Blogs and web pages can be tailored to be shiny, pretty morsels that lure in the perfect customers. We want to enrich people’s lives and become trusted friends who give them what they want.
So where to start? The four main ways to turn strangers into visitors are the following:
BloggingYour brand needs a voice!
SEOHaving the words that people search when looking for your products or services on your website, social media pages, and blog.
WebsiteHaving a functional, up-to-date website that can be accessed easily from any device (phone, tablet, desktop computer).
SocialYour customers want to see, hear, and interact with the people behind the business, and even just having social properties can help you show up in searches.
Here at WSI, we’re a close, fun, friendly team of online marketing experts. We design websites, take care of pay per click (PPC) campaigns, manage online reviews, write blogs, manage social media, and more. We’re all about the inbound marketing!
Do you have any questions for us? Are you thinking about fixing your website and getting more leads? Give us a call or shoot us a message—we’re here to help!
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Brand’s Online Presence
- DIY Websites: A Cost Saver or Costly Mistake?
- Live Chat vs Chatbots: How to Choose Which is Right for You
- Things to Consider When Doing Local SEO for Multiple Locations
- Email Marketing for eCommerce: What Works and What Doesn’t?
- Website Mistakes that Could Cost You Customers
- How Geofencing Display Ads Can Help Your Local Business Reach New Audiences
- Online Tools & Strategies Designed to Help Businesses Win at Local SEO