What is Inbound Marketing?
I hate to be captain obvious here, but the internet is the place to be when it comes to marketing. The developed world has gone digital! We’re all glued to our smartphones and computers and we practically fall apart when the internet goes down.
As a business owner, you want to get online and in front of your audience in the places they hangout, like on Facebook, in search engines, on Google+, Twitter, Instagram, whatever! And at the same time, you want to get the most out of your marketing budget.
You don’t want to be throwing money away by cold-calling people, hammering them with pop-ups or radio ads, or trying to lure clients in at trade shows. People don’t want advertising to interrupt their flow, they seek out what they want and are naturally pulled toward companies and products that reflect their values.
As a brand, the idea is to attract your ideal customers—bring them in. That’s why the name for this type of advertising is called inbound marketing.
So as marketers, we define who these people are and then build everything around them.
Essentially we figure out who we want, and we want these people to want us, so we create a brand that they can buy into.
Blogs and web pages can be tailored to be shiny, pretty morsels that lure in the perfect customers. We want to enrich people’s lives and become trusted friends who give them what they want.
So where to start? The four main ways to turn strangers into visitors are the following:
BloggingYour brand needs a voice!
SEOHaving the words that people search when looking for your products or services on your website, social media pages, and blog.
WebsiteHaving a functional, up-to-date website that can be accessed easily from any device (phone, tablet, desktop computer).
SocialYour customers want to see, hear, and interact with the people behind the business, and even just having social properties can help you show up in searches.
Here at WSI, we’re a close, fun, friendly team of online marketing experts. We design websites, take care of pay per click (PPC) campaigns, manage online reviews, write blogs, manage social media, and more. We’re all about the inbound marketing!
Do you have any questions for us? Are you thinking about fixing your website and getting more leads? Give us a call or shoot us a message—we’re here to help!REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
- What Makes Local SEO Services Differ from Google Adwords Campaigns
- Why Your E-Commerce Site Should Have a Blog
- How a Digital Marketing Agency in Edmonton Can Add Value to Your Business
- Why You Shouldn't Outsource All of Your Social Media Activity
- How Local SEO Services Can Help You Navigate Your Local Business’ First SEO Campaign
- Why Your Website May Be Turning Warm Leads into Cold Leads
- Incorporating Marketing with Paid Ads into Your Local Business’ Digital Marketing Strategy
- Mistakes Local Businesses Make when Using a Digital Marketing Agency
- How Marketing with Paid Ads Affects the Behaviour of a Retail Customer
- 3 Signs That Your B2B Company Needs Local SEO Services
Need Help with Your Digital Marketing? Reach Out to Us!