What Makes Local SEO Services Differ from Google Adwords Campaigns
People use Google to find solutions to their problems and learn new things. This makes it necessary for you to determine whether search engine optimization (SEO) or a Google Adwords search engine marketing (SEM) campaign is the most appropriate marketing tool for your business. Many people make the mistake of using the terms "SEO" and "SEM" interchangeably, however even though they are both digital marketing tools, they are entirely different. This means that SEM is not a replacement for local SEO services. The question is: what makes the two different?
Difference between Local SEO and SEM
SEO has traditionally been thought to be a component of the term search engine marketing (SEM) encompassing both the paid and the organic tactics. However, today SEM refers to only the paid tactics which help to increase the visibility of a business. Therefore, a business increases web traffic through paid advertisements such as Google Adwords campaigns.
Paid advertising gives you control over your results. For example, if you are not receiving enough leads, increasing your ad budget can reflect the number of leads you get. SEM is often a great choice for fast short-term results. There are a number of activities that need to be accomplished in order to launch a successful SEM campaign on any platform. These include:
- Launching ad campaigns targeting specific audiences in a specific geographic area
- Create ad groups with varying target keywords
- Writing directly related ad copy using the selected keywords
- Setting a budget for the ad
- Monitoring how the ad is doing through likes, clicks, and the average cost-per-click
Local SEO services
Local SEO services take time, ongoing effort, and constant adaptation due to Google algorithm changes. SEO is the process of increasing web traffic by free, natural, and organic search. This requires that the web developer keep up with Google’s ever-changing algorithms in order to remain visible on search engines. Local SEO services have two activity pillars which are on-page and off-page.
On-page Local SEO services include:
- Speed optimization of the page
- Simplification and proper formatting of page URLs with specific keywords
- Optimization of metadata which include page title tag, meta description, heading tags, and image ALT tags
- Optimization of a well-written page copy with target keywords
- Integration of social sharing within the content
Off-page local SEO services include:
- Attracting attention through bookmarking site like Digg and Reddit
- Backlinking through relevant online directories
- And finally social media sharing
Both Local SEO services and SEM rely heavily on keywords to drive traffic to a website. Although the technique used for each is different, they are both focused on bringing traffic to your website. Application of all this can be confusing especially if you are just starting out.
If you are in need of local SEO services, get in touch with us today, and we will help you get started.REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
- What Makes Local SEO Services Differ from Google Adwords Campaigns
- Why Your E-Commerce Site Should Have a Blog
- How a Digital Marketing Agency in Edmonton Can Add Value to Your Business
- Why You Shouldn't Outsource All of Your Social Media Activity
- How Local SEO Services Can Help You Navigate Your Local Business’ First SEO Campaign
- Why Your Website May Be Turning Warm Leads into Cold Leads
- Incorporating Marketing with Paid Ads into Your Local Business’ Digital Marketing Strategy
- Mistakes Local Businesses Make when Using a Digital Marketing Agency
- How Marketing with Paid Ads Affects the Behaviour of a Retail Customer
- 3 Signs That Your B2B Company Needs Local SEO Services
Need Help with Your Digital Marketing? Reach Out to Us!