Why are Your Customers Abandoning Their Cart on Your eCommerce Website?
One bad experience on your eCommerce website is all it takes to potentially lose a customer forever. If you’ve ever had customers abandon their shopping cart — and who hasn’t? — you probably have an idea of just how much business you’re losing. If you sell products online, Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company specializing in eCommerce web design that delivers a seamless experience customers love. Call us today for a consultation.
How Your eCommerce Website Design Can Lead to Abandoned Shopping Carts
Online shopping cart abandonment is when a customer drops out of their shopping experience before completing a purchase. Shopping cart abandonment and checkout abandonment are slightly different in that cart abandonment happens any time during the online shopping process.
On average, a whopping 70% of customers leave an eCommerce site after adding an item to their cart! While not every abandoned cart is due to poor web design, it’s important to analyze where and why customers are abandoning their carts to improve their experience and therefore your online sales.
How to Use Website Design to Reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment
There are various reasons for customers abandoning shopping carts and many potential ways to solve them.
- Build trust in transactions. You ask customers for a lot of personal information when they checkout, including their credit card. To overcome any hesitation, your website’s transaction forms can be designed to build and establish trust. Security logos in prominent positions are one way to do this. A guest checkout feature is another trust-building option.
- Progress indicators help move the shopping process along and show customers you’re making it as easy as possible for them to quickly cross the finish line.
- Simple store-to-cart navigation. Just like shopping in a brick-and-mortar store, people occasionally want to look in their cart to see what they’ve already bought. Good eCommerce web design can make it effortless for customers to check their cart while remaining on their current page. It’s one of the best ways to keep them shopping!
As with all things web design, it’s important to test features before making firm decisions. That way, you can easily track which version of your website’s pages are performing better.
How Digital Marketing Can Help Improve Cart Recovery
When an existing or potential customer abandons a cart before checkout, there are other digital marketing techniques you can use to draw them back to finish the transaction:
- If you already have the customer’s email address, abandoned cart emails can help get them to return. These emails sometimes offer coupon codes or free shipping to encourage the purchase.
- Retargeting ads work even if you don’t have a visitor’s email address. By using an ad pixel on your checkout page, you can remarket on ad platforms like Google and Facebook.
Great Website Design for Optimized Shopping Experiences
If you sell products online, you need a web design that reduces abandonment rates and increases conversions. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company that knows how to optimize eCommerce websites to improve cart abandonment rates. Get in touch with us today to learn how we can do it for you.
- What Do You Need to Run a Successful Internet Marketing Campaign?
- Top 5 Marketing Tools to Complement your eCommerce Website Design
- What do You Need to Know About One-Time SEO Services?
- 5 Tips on How to Keep Your Web Design Fresh & Exciting
- Why are Your Customers Abandoning Their Cart on Your eCommerce Website?
- What Does Your Web Design Look Like on Mobile Screens?
- Know Where Your Edmonton Website Ranks
- Proven Lead Generation Strategies for Your HVAC Business
- 5 Signs That Its Time To Invest In A New Web Design For Your Edmonton Business
- SEO Fundamentals that MUST be Considered in Your Website Design