Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
Many local retailers don’t have eCommerce on their websites. They may think since their physical business is doing so well they don’t need to sell products online. But there are a lot of good reasons to invest in website design that incorporates eCommerce options for your customers. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company that can help your local retail business expand its reach while saving customers time and money. Contact us to learn more.
Benefits of eCommerce to Local Retailers
Nearly 90% of Canada’s consumers made an online purchase in 2019 and they spent $1.85 billion doing it. eCommerce is booming and brands that sell products online are reaping the financial rewards. Even if you already have a popular and successful physical storefront, eCommerce offers important benefits:
Staying competitive. Even as health restrictions loosen, many people continue to shelter in place. Consumers, though, have
made it clear they still want to buy, and many retailers have received requests for alternative services like delivery and curbside
pickup. A web design that incorporates eCommerce options allows you to continue to serve your customers, attract new ones, and stay
relevant while things return to “normal.”
Going global. We mentioned how good eCommerce web design can help you expand your reach. But have you considered just how
far you might go? Brick-and-mortar locations, even highly successfully ones, are bound by location. Expanding globally allows you to
enlarge your customer base and introduce new products and services.
Improved customer service. One of the greatest advantages to investing in eCommerce web design is that you now have a way
to track what your customers want. Data analytics drawn from onsite behaviors and customer requests not only help you build a
better eCommerce website, but they also let you know which products of services you should offer more of in your physical location. And we
all know that when you give customers what they want, they become more loyal which, in turn, increases profits.
The Role of eCommerce Website Design
Web design is important to any website, but even more so for eCommerce websites. Successful eCommerce web design gives customers a more satisfying experience and helps you get the most out of your online marketing efforts. When shopping online, consumers want a website design that’s:
- Fast, easy to navigate, and mobile friendly.
- Set up for easy checkout.
Edmonton website design company Smart WSI Marketing builds eCommerce websites that not only look great but make your customers feel valued. We’re a digital marketing agency with expertise in top-performing eCommerce website design that matches your products and services with the people who want and need them most. Reach out to us today to learn more.
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO