5 Ways to Improve Your Digital Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Strategies
You don't need to have a large marketing budget to succeed at digital search engine marketing (SEM). Here are five simple ways to increase your website's traffic and boost your conversion rates.
1. Define Your Goals
Defining your goals ahead of your campaign is essential to determining the effectiveness of your digital search engine marketing (SEM) strategies. Take some time to consider what you want your marketing campaign to accomplish. Is it to increase newsletter signups? Increase sales? Boost website traffic? Decide in advance of your campaign what your criteria for success are.
2. Research Your Competitors
You can learn a lot about digital search engine marketing (SEM) strategies by studying your competitors' marketing campaigns. What keywords are other businesses in your niche using to generate organic traffic? Which of those keywords or phrases are generating the most traffic? Taking some time to research your competitors will show you what worked for them and, ultimately, what will work for you.
3. Keep it Local
When it comes to keyword research, you can't rely on translation software. Successful digital search engine marketing (SEM) strategies depend on an understanding of the nuances of the local language. Speak to people who are native to the locale you're advertising in to get the best keywords for your business. There are often multiple ways of interpreting a keyword or phrase, so you need to be sure that your advertisements are written with the local culture in mind.
4. Take Advantage of Local Holidays
Local holidays provide great opportunities for advertising. Be sure you're leveraging these opportunities to improve your digital search engine marketing (SEM) strategies. Capitalizing on these holidays will keep your business at the top of potential customers' minds and ahead of your competition.
5. Don't Forget the Call-to-Action
Your digital search engine marketing (SEM) strategies are useless if potential customers don't know what to do when they get to your landing page. Do you want visitors to purchase a product? Subscribe to your newsletter? Request a free quote? Including a clear call to action on your landing page will make it easier for potential customers to convert into paying ones.
Looking for more ways to improve your digital search engine marketing (SEM) strategies? Contact WSI Edmonton for a consultation today.REQUEST YOUR FREE COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
**The digital landscape is everchanging. Contact us to discuss current industry standards.
- Paid Search Still Dominates
- Customers Vs Consumers: Who Should You Really be Targeting?
- Is your SEO Rewarded by Refreshing Old Content?
- Proven Best Practices for Local Businesses to Succeed Online
- The Power of Hashtags and Strategic Placements
- 3 Signs That Your B2B Company Needs an SEO Strategy
- Geofencing: How to Use Location-Based Advertising to Your Advantage
- Should Your Business Be Using Google AdWords PPC Advertising?
- The Power of Buyer Personas
- How Professional Website Design & Development Services Will Grow Your Business
Need Help with Your Digital Marketing? Reach Out to Us!