Geofencing: How to Use Location Based Marketing to Your Advantage
Are you looking for a better way to target potential customers? Want to grow your brand awareness? Not sure where to start? Geofencing, a form of location-based marketing, is a great place to start!
Geofencing, is a way of setting up virtual boundaries around a physical location. These boundaries can detect when a person enters or leaves the location. You can create ads, and target locations based on your competitors, user behaviour, and geography.
Your ad will show up for up to 30 days after leaving the virtual fence and will show up on over 300,000 apps on mobile devices including Google Chrome and other browsers. You’ll be able to track ad clicks and visits to your physical location. By using geofencing, you’ll know which targeted locations are yielding the most views and clickthroughs. This will help you to refine your target audience in order to optimize results.
Common Geofencing Applications
Geofencing helps to personalize your marketing messages. Stores target ads to a specific audience to deliver in-store promotions. It is also used to engage crowds of people at organized events: concerts, sporting events, and more. The geofences you choose are typically based on behaviour. For example, if you are a dentist, you may want to target candy stores, or you could target sporting arenas if your business sells sporting equipment. There are many ways to implement geofencing into your digital marketing plan, that can help you increase your brand awareness.
Some people have concerns with privacy when it comes to using geofences. They worry about what information is being collected, if it’s being shared, and when they’re being targeted. Here are some facts about how it works:
- Only tracks devices when locations services are turned on
- Does not share location data with other programs/services
- Does not save/log individual location data
- Only knows when devices have entered a 'geofence' or 'conversion zone’
Be sure to integrate geofences into your digital marketing plan to target potential customers with your branding messages, exclusive offers, and links to your website! For more information on how to implement geofencing to your plan, give us a call today.
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO