SEM - Your Key to Success
You've got a great website and it's content-rich with excellent product descriptions and natural use of keywords throughout, yet you still aren't getting high placement on search engine results pages (SERPS), and your Edmonton business isn't growing at the expected rate. What on earth could possibly be missing? The key to your success that will place your business right where it needs to be is search engine marketing (SEM).
Search Engine Marketing Defined
Surely you have heard of pay-per-click (PPC) ads, or have seen advertisements at the top and sides of search engine pages when you have searched for information online. These little gems are what SEM is all about. To put it simply, SEM is where you pay for ads to appear on SERPS, based on chosen keywords, your ad content and keywords. What places this strategy above all other marketing functions for efficiency is that your ads are placed in front of the right customers, at exactly the time they're most likely to buy.
The Keyword Conundrum
Sounds easy enough, right? Choose a handful of keywords, set up a budget and create a few ads- done! No, it's not quite that easy. Keyword management is the most fundamental portion of SEM; after all, you are literally bidding on these terms and counting on them to be what your best customers are using to find your ads. Keyword management includes:
- Discovery- learning which keywords are most effective for your SEM campaigns
- Research and analysis- finding alternative keywords that can be used, learning which keywords cause the most engagement and filtering out negative keywords (negatives might include DIY for products you sell ready-made, as one example)
- Organization and grouping- developing a logical order and structure by dividing similar keywords into small groups
- Action- creating ad copy based on your best keywords
It is important to note that this is only the beginning of a successful SEM campaign. How high your ads are placed on SERPS and how often also depends on your budget, how relevant your landing page is to the ad and how relevant your ad copy is to the keyword. The hard work you put into fine-tuning your Edmonton business website will matter greatly to your PPC campaign.
Ready to take your business to the next level? WSI Edmonton's SEM gurus will help you maximize your search engine marketing budget. Call 780-758-5800 or contact us today.
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO