SEM - Your Key to Success
You've got a great website and it's content-rich with excellent product descriptions and natural use of keywords throughout, yet you still aren't getting high placement on search engine results pages (SERPS), and your Edmonton business isn't growing at the expected rate. What on earth could possibly be missing? The key to your success that will place your business right where it needs to be is search engine marketing (SEM).
Search Engine Marketing Defined
Surely you have heard of pay-per-click (PPC) ads, or have seen advertisements at the top and sides of search engine pages when you have searched for information online. These little gems are what SEM is all about. To put it simply, SEM is where you pay for ads to appear on SERPS, based on chosen keywords, your ad content and keywords. What places this strategy above all other marketing functions for efficiency is that your ads are placed in front of the right customers, at exactly the time they're most likely to buy.
The Keyword Conundrum
Sounds easy enough, right? Choose a handful of keywords, set up a budget and create a few ads- done! No, it's not quite that easy. Keyword management is the most fundamental portion of SEM; after all, you are literally bidding on these terms and counting on them to be what your best customers are using to find your ads. Keyword management includes:
- Discovery- learning which keywords are most effective for your SEM campaigns
- Research and analysis- finding alternative keywords that can be used, learning which keywords cause the most engagement and filtering out negative keywords (negatives might include DIY for products you sell ready-made, as one example)
- Organization and grouping- developing a logical order and structure by dividing similar keywords into small groups
- Action- creating ad copy based on your best keywords
It is important to note that this is only the beginning of a successful SEM campaign. How high your ads are placed on SERPS and how often also depends on your budget, how relevant your landing page is to the ad and how relevant your ad copy is to the keyword. The hard work you put into fine-tuning your Edmonton business website will matter greatly to your PPC campaign.
Ready to take your business to the next level? WSI Edmonton's SEM gurus will help you maximize your search engine marketing budget. Call 780-758-5800 or contact us today.REQUEST YOUR FREE COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
**The digital landscape is everchanging. Contact us to discuss current industry standards.
- How Online Reviews Benefit Your Business
- Social Media Trends for Small Businesses to Follow in 2020
- The Benefits of Switching to a Catalog or eCommerce Site
- Why You Should Leverage Digital Marketing in Trying Times
- Why You Need to Utilize the 3 Cs of Modern eCommerce
- Important Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update
- What Type of Content is Going to Dominate in 2020?
- Top eCommerce Fails that Drive Down Sales
- Tips for Creating Evergreen Content for SEO
- Make Your Social Media Work Wonders for Your Business
Need Help with Your Digital Marketing? Reach Out to Us!