How Building and Improving Internal Links Can Help Your Search Engine Optimization
Many website owners overlook the importance of internal linking in improving user experience, promoting landing pages for products and services, and boosting search engine rankings. Before hiring a search engine optimization company, consider the following ways in which building and improving your internal links can help you achieve your SEO goals.
A Search Engine Optimization Company Can Boost Your Search Engine Ranking for Specific Keywords
If you want a page to rank highly for a certain keyword or phrase, and you have content containing these words, you can use anchor text to direct readers to that page. This tells Google that the content being linked to is relevant to people searching for the phrase or keyword.
Help Readers Find Content
Search engine optimization companies can post internal links to promote older content, special events, and new services. By linking to important pages in blog posts and articles drives regular traffic to those pages and signal to Google that they should be indexed.
Make it Easy for Google to Index Your Content
Building and improving internal links, as well as updating your categories and meta tags, helps Google index pages faster and more efficiently. Without proper internal linking, websites with large amounts of content can confuse Google, which will, in turn, affect your ranking.
From improved usability to higher rankings in SERPs, the benefits of internal linking are many. Contact WSI Edmonton to meet with our search engine optimization company about optimizing your internal links and improving your overall SEO performance.GET YOUR FREE WEBSITE AUDIT
- What is the Difference Between Marketing and Advertising?
- Still Wondering if Your Retail Business Should be Selling Online?
- Foundational SEO: The Basics of Getting Found Online
- How Does Web Design Relate to PPC Advertising?
- How to Use Facebook to Your Advantage
- Publish and Share Seasonal Content to Boost Your Local SEO Results
- Boost Your eCommerce Sales with These Marketing Strategies
- Make Your Website a Joy for First Time Visitors
- Adjusting Your Online Presence for the New Normal
- Increase Search Visibility & Clicks by Utilizing Proper Images Online