How Building and Improving Internal Links Can Help Your Search Engine Optimization
Many website owners overlook the importance of internal linking in improving user experience, promoting landing pages for products and services, and boosting search engine rankings. Before hiring a search engine optimization company, consider the following ways in which building and improving your internal links can help you achieve your SEO goals.
A Search Engine Optimization Company Can Boost Your Search Engine Ranking for Specific Keywords
If you want a page to rank highly for a certain keyword or phrase, and you have content containing these words, you can use anchor text to direct readers to that page. This tells Google that the content being linked to is relevant to people searching for the phrase or keyword.
Help Readers Find Content
Search engine optimization companies can post internal links to promote older content, special events, and new services. By linking to important pages in blog posts and articles drives regular traffic to those pages and signal to Google that they should be indexed.
Make it Easy for Google to Index Your Content
Building and improving internal links, as well as updating your categories and meta tags, helps Google index pages faster and more efficiently. Without proper internal linking, websites with large amounts of content can confuse Google, which will, in turn, affect your ranking.
From improved usability to higher rankings in SERPs, the benefits of internal linking are many. Contact WSI Edmonton to meet with our search engine optimization company about optimizing your internal links and improving your overall SEO performance.
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO