Not showing up for keywords integral to your business? This is what you’re missing...
What is SEO?
SEO is short for “Search Engine Optimization”. Its purpose is for your website to optimize in search engines for keywords that are relevant to your business in order to drive free or “organic” traffic to your website with a goal to grow your customer-base and get more leads. Sounds great, right? It is, but it is also a lot of work. SEO is a mysterious beast. It is not an exact Science and many theories exist.
“I’ve heard that lots of backlinks are the key to SEO.”
Although it is true that having sites link back to your website can help your search engine rankings, it is important to realize that not all backlinks are created equal. If the linking source is not credible or industry-related the link may actually hinder you. Backlinking is all about quality, not quantity.
Our proven program of blogging and social works together to make your website look relevant to Google so that it will be served higher in search engine rankings. You need fresh content added to your website regularly – blogging is the way to do this without making your website hard to navigate. Social posts create links back to your website. The more quality links you have back to your website, the more popular you appear to Google and the better they will serve you in the rankings.
Beware of Empty SEO Promises.
Many SEO companies will promise to get you on the first page of Google. This is impossible. There are no guarantees when it comes to SEO. A properly built website with foundational SEO (including keyword-rich content, headings, URLs, meta data and more) is only the start. Search engines constantly update their algorithms to use different ranking factors and there are new businesses opening every day that will compete with you! What this means is that SEO is something that requires a constant effort ie. through monthly blogging and social activities.
Start getting found online!
If you need help to optimize your online presence for industry-relevant keywords, let’s set up a meeting. Call David at (780) 758-5800 ext. 704 or Email email@example.comGET YOUR FREE WEBSITE AUDIT
- What is the Difference Between Marketing and Advertising?
- Still Wondering if Your Retail Business Should be Selling Online?
- Foundational SEO: The Basics of Getting Found Online
- How Does Web Design Relate to PPC Advertising?
- How to Use Facebook to Your Advantage
- Publish and Share Seasonal Content to Boost Your Local SEO Results
- Boost Your eCommerce Sales with These Marketing Strategies
- Make Your Website a Joy for First Time Visitors
- Adjusting Your Online Presence for the New Normal
- Increase Search Visibility & Clicks by Utilizing Proper Images Online