Consumers Have Changed. Is Your Website Perfectly Viewable from Every Device?Consumers Have Changed. Is Your Website Perfectly Viewable from Every Device?
People are using their mobile devices, tablets and smartphones as never before to access the web. This fundamental shift has dramatic implications for business. Consider the following astounding statistics:
- Worldwide sales of smartphones surpassed those of desktop & laptop computers combined as of February 2011 (Smartonline, Feb, 2012)
- Two out of every five smartphone users have used their mobile device to make a purchase (comScore, Dec, 2011)
- By 2016 Forrester predicts that we’ll spend more than $31 billion via our mobile devices
Going Forward, Your Website Design Needs to Respond to Every Device
“Day by day, the number of devices, platforms, and browsers that need to work with your site is growing” (Jeffrey Veen, Vice President, Adobe Products). Whether your customers are accessing your website from a small phone, medium sized tablet or a large desktop, there needs to be “one site for every screen” or else you may lose out on business. Rather than building a website and a duplicate mobile site, we need to build one site using Responsive Design technology.
What is Responsive Design ?
A responsive web design (RWD) is a web design approach aimed at crafting websites to provide an optimal viewing experience – easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling – across a wide range of devices from mobile phones, to tablets, to desktop computers (Wikipedia).
The advantages of RWD (Responsive Web Design) include:
- Better customer experience, regardless of device, and customer more likely to call or email
- Easier maintenance – only one website for all devices
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) enhancement; your site ranks higher on Search Engine Results Pages (SERP)
Still Not Convinced You Need RWD?
Learn more. Call us to check out your Google Analytics report. We can show you how many of your customers are accessing your website through their smart phones and other devices. Here is a tool where you can check out to see how your website appears to customers across different devices. Just type in your website URL at
Watch responsive web design in action, check out our website
If you want to stay ahead of the curve, contact us to find out how we can help transition your website to responsive design. Sooner or later you will need to do it. Some websites are easily converted; others need to be completely rebuilt.
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Brand’s Online Presence
- DIY Websites: A Cost Saver or Costly Mistake?
- Live Chat vs Chatbots: How to Choose Which is Right for You
- Things to Consider When Doing Local SEO for Multiple Locations
- Email Marketing for eCommerce: What Works and What Doesn’t?
- Website Mistakes that Could Cost You Customers
- How Geofencing Display Ads Can Help Your Local Business Reach New Audiences
- Online Tools & Strategies Designed to Help Businesses Win at Local SEO