The Ins and Outs of Site Speed and How it Relates to Your Website Conversions
The faster the speed of your website, especially on mobile, the happier your visitors will be. As shoppers’ expectations become ever more demanding, getting your website, images, videos, and other content to load quickly is an absolute necessity for digital marketing success. This all comes down to web design. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company dedicated to creating sites that engage audiences and turn prospects into profits. Contact us today to get started on your mobile friendly website.
Website Design Built for Speed
Websites built for load speed perform more quickly, which is something your customers appreciate. But that speed also serves other critical functions:
- It has a measurable effect on search page ranking and conversion rates.
- It decreases bounce rates.
- It improves your bottom line.
Research by Google shows that 53% of mobile website visitors leave if a page doesn’t load within three seconds. Slow site speed also results in poor search engine rankings, lower overall traffic, and a negative user experience. It’s crucial that your website designer views speed as essential to your success.
How Site Speed Affects SEO
When ranking your website, Google prioritizes getting relevant information to users as quickly as possible. That makes site performance an important factor in search rankings. Your website’s performance on mobile devices is especially important for SEO. Why? Two major reasons:
- Mobile users expect a browsing experience that’s comparable to what they get on their laptop or desktop.
Customers use their smartphones and other mobile devices while they’re out and about to search for local businesses offering the products or
services they need.
It’s simple. If your website design looks great but has a sluggish performance, you’ll lose out on sales and traffic. An experienced web design agency knows which factors affect speed and can build your site accordingly. For example, resources like video content, high-definition images, and heavy CSS files that define information on your site can have a huge impact on its speed. Good web design keeps these resources as light as possible. An experienced agency can also measure things like load time, page size, and how long it takes for a customer’s query to get a response.
Don’t Keep Your Customers Waiting
The longer people have to stick around for a site to load the more impatient they become. Search engines don’t like it if you make your customers wait, either. From Google to your customers, a faster website is a net positive to everyone. Efficient web design ensures that your site has optimal performance on all platforms and devices. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company that creates sites that improve customer experience, are SEO optimized, and help improve your bottom line. Contact us today to learn more about the ins and outs of site speed and all our digital marketing solutions.
- What to Expect from Internet Marketing on Social Media
- How Can You Improve Sales on Your eCommerce Website?
- 7 Reasons Your SEO Efforts Are not Working
- Can a Local SEO Company Keep Your Business Ahead of the Game?
- Don’t Let These Website Mistakes Drive Away Customers
- How The WSI Lifecycle Helps Your Business
- Why Doesn’t My Website Show Up on Page 1 of Google?
- Why Do Visitors Hate My Website?
- 7 Internet Marketing Tools Your HVAC Business Should be Using for Online Success
- eCommerce Trends Shaped by Covid-19 that are Here to Stay