Web Design Mistakes That Scare Visitors Away from Websites
As a website owner, many of your daily tasks will revolve around attracting and retaining the interest of your visitors — from promoting your webpage on social networking sites to creating content that converts browsers into paying customers. But did you know that the very design of your website is the key factor in attracting and retaining visitors? Web design mistakes that seem minor on the surface can significantly diminish a website's appeal, driving prospective customers away in droves. So what are some of these web design problems that are repelling hundreds of customers from your website? Below are three common mistakes that Edmonton web designers see on a daily basis.
Mistake #1: Too Many Graphics
Even on the newest, fastest device, a page with too many graphics and large images can take forever to load. Since most of your customers will be accessing your site from older devices, you'll want to avoid overloading your site with graphics.
Mistake #2: Unresponsive Web Design
More customers than ever are using mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to surf the web. By using an unresponsive web design, you prevent your site from being optimized for different devices and displays. Before launching your site, you need to make sure it looks good on all types of devices.
Mistake #3: Difficult Navigation
One of the biggest ways in which websites fail to convert visitors into potential customers is by failing to provide clear site navigation. If visitors can't easily find the information they're looking for on your website, they'll quickly go elsewhere. Avoid this by including a navigation bar at the top of your website pages.
The above are the most common design problems that Edmonton web designers encounter. The good news is that these mistakes are easily fixed. Contact us today to learn more about creating a website that converts.
- What Internet Marketing Trends Will Keep Me Relevant?
- How to Incorporate Holiday Promotions into Your eCommerce Website Design
- Why Can’t My Local SEO Agency Guarantee 1st Page Ranking?
- 5 Steps to Successfully Gaining a Competitive Advantage
- Templated vs Custom Website Design: Which Better Suits Your Business?
- Responding to Online Negative Customer Reviews
- What Do You Need to Run a Successful Internet Marketing Campaign?
- 3 Ways to Catch Up to Your Competition After Inevitably Being Left Behind
- Top 5 Marketing Tools to Complement your eCommerce Website Design
- 4 Tips to Gain Online Credibility