Web Design Mistakes That Scare Visitors Away from Websites
As a website owner, many of your daily tasks will revolve around attracting and retaining the interest of your visitors — from promoting your webpage on social networking sites to creating content that converts browsers into paying customers. But did you know that the very design of your website is the key factor in attracting and retaining visitors? Web design mistakes that seem minor on the surface can significantly diminish a website's appeal, driving prospective customers away in droves. So what are some of these web design problems that are repelling hundreds of customers from your website? Below are three common mistakes that Edmonton web designers see on a daily basis.
Mistake #1: Too Many Graphics
Even on the newest, fastest device, a page with too many graphics and large images can take forever to load. Since most of your customers will be accessing your site from older devices, you'll want to avoid overloading your site with graphics.
Mistake #2: Unresponsive Web Design
More customers than ever are using mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to surf the web. By using an unresponsive web design, you prevent your site from being optimized for different devices and displays. Before launching your site, you need to make sure it looks good on all types of devices.
Mistake #3: Difficult Navigation
One of the biggest ways in which websites fail to convert visitors into potential customers is by failing to provide clear site navigation. If visitors can't easily find the information they're looking for on your website, they'll quickly go elsewhere. Avoid this by including a navigation bar at the top of your website pages.
The above are the most common design problems that Edmonton web designers encounter. The good news is that these mistakes are easily fixed. Contact us today to learn more about creating a website that converts.
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO