What are the Key Ingredients of a Functional Website Design?
A website is one of the most crucial components of your brand’s online presence. While many elements go into making your website design unique, certain key ingredients are used in all successful web design projects. Mixed together, they ensure your site attracts, engages, and converts your target audience. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company with years of experience using the right formula to create websites that are anything but formulaic. Contact us today.
A Recipe for First-Rate Web Design
Most Canadian businesses understand the importance of having an online presence. Less well-understood is how critical it is that their online presence includes all stages of the buyer’s journey. Even if you have a physical location where people eventually make their purchase, a study by Salesforce found that today, most consumers start their search online.
For your website design to be successful, it must be appealing, responsive, and easy to find.
Make a Great First Impression
You get one chance to make your web design stand out from your competitors’ sites. Here’s how to do it:
- Site structure and navigation, including each section of your site, page order, and helpful links. A navigation menu is generally used to guide your readers.
- Page design and layout have evolved to include scalability for mobile devices. Good layouts draw the eye and make information easy to find.
- Logo and brand identity cover graphics, fonts, colours, and other style elements that remain constant across all channels.
- Images and videos that impress but don’t overwhelm.
- Content should be easy to scan, search engine optimized (SEO), and incorporate digestible keyword-rich sections.
- Graphic design is not only your logo but also the overall look and “feel” of your website design components.
Engage Your Audience
Simple layouts, entertaining or informative videos, and good graphic design are a great start, but to draw your audience in and keep them reading, your web design needs these additional features:
- Site search so people can quickly find what they need.
- A blog with relevant, valuable information establishes you as an expert in your field.
- Social media links, so search engines see you interact with your audience.
- Calls-to-action (CTAs) that entice leads and get them to act, such as downloading an offer or signing up for a newsletter.
Help Both Search Engines and People Find You
The most attractive website design in the world doesn’t matter if search engines or your audience can’t find your site. Your web design must also take into consideration:
- Web hosting for storing and transmitting your site's files when someone searches for your website.
- A domain name, which is your website's “address” on the internet.
- Content management system to make it easy to frequently update your website so it’s fresh and relevant.
The Secret Ingredient to Successful Web Design
The number one secret to exceptional website design is working with professionals who know how to create sites that take “window shoppers” and turn them into loyal customers. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company that uses the latest design trends and technologies to create websites that look great and drive leads. Contact us today to learn more.
- 7 Internet Marketing Tools Your HVAC Business Should be Using for Online Success
- eCommerce Trends Shaped by Covid-19 that are Here to Stay
- How NOT to Use Social Media Marketing for Local SEO
- What are the Key Ingredients of a Functional Website Design?
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- Google’s Core Web Vitals Update is Here! Are You Ready?
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business