What Is A Landing Page?
A landing page is a destination page where traffic is directed in order to serve a specific purpose. A well setup and maintained landing page can be one of the most valuable marketing tools for your business.
What should you look for on a landing page?
When a potential lead visits your website, they want to have all the required information right there, with as little navigation as possible. If a customer has to fill out a lengthy call to action, they will give up and look elsewhere--so make your Call to Action (CTA) as basic as you can get it.
Here are some tips for making your landing page a success:
- Potential leads should never have to question if they are in the right place. When someone visits your website, you want to assure them that they are in the right place. When a user clicks on your ad, you don't want to send them to your homepage, this leaves them to fend for themselves, and usually the potential customer will take their attention to another company or service. This can be easily avoided by providing the customer with multiple landing pages that are relevant to your ad.
- Your message should be clear and not debatable. Most visitors will only scan your page. It is essential to have your message clear and up-front so the visitor is comfortable with the information being presented and is not confused about your message.
- Your CTA needs to be straightforward. You don't want to bombard the customer with too much information that may become time consuming to read. Create a CTA to convert your visitor into a potential lead. Make sure our CTA is short and doesn't require too much information from your visitor.
- Is your website trustworthy? There is nothing that will scare your potential customer away more than a website that requires unnecessary personal information to access the information they are seeking. When requesting an email address or other personal information, assure your prospect that their identity is safe and protected, especially when a credit card is being used.
- Maintain your site. It can be a trial and error process to get the right design. Keep testing your site, and change what is not working for you. A great landing page is key to the success of any website and a valuable to for driving sales.
Here is a landing page we designed for one of our clients:
Contact WSI Digital Marketing in Edmonton if you would like to start converting visitors to leads with Landing PagesGET YOUR FREE WEBSITE AUDIT
- Know Your Customer: Why Persona Development is Important for Achieving Success Online
- The Advantages of Blogging for Local SEO
- How Social Media Can Help Your eCommerce Store
- Website Design Mistakes to Avoid
- Grow Your Home Improvement Company with Internet Marketing
- Edmonton Agency Wins WMA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Web Development
- SEO Trends That Will Be Going Strong Beyond 2020
- Is Free Shipping Required to Run an Online Store?
- How Digital Marketing Expertise Lends to Building a Successful Website
- Should Your Business Invest in Online Ads if You are B2B?