The Benefits of Outsourcing Digital Marketing to an Agency
Most growth-focused small to medium businesses (or SMBs) reach a place where they realize they need to invest more in marketing. At that point, the question usually becomes, do they hire in-house marketers or work with a digital marketing agency?
Though there’s no one correct answer, there are lots of advantages to outsourcing your business’s internet marketing, including not having to hire additional staff. If you’re trying to decide whether to outsource your digital marketing, consulting with an internet marketing company like Smart WSI Marketing can help you determine if it’s the right move for you. Call us today for a consultation.
What Is a Digital Marketing Agency?
Digital marketing plays a major role in your company’s overall marketing strategy. Combined with traditional advertising, it helps drive greater brand awareness through techniques and tactics like responsive website design and email and social media campaigns. Because it creates a stronger online presence for your business, digital marketing is essential to growing your business and differentiating yourself from the competition.
A digital marketing agency uses online marketing tactics to reach customers through omnichannel, single-channel, and multichannel marketing techniques such as websites, email, blogs, social media, and more.
Benefits of Outsourcing Digital Marketing to an Agency
Like traditional marketing, internet marketing is an ongoing process. If it were only about putting up a website, sending occasional emails, and posting on your social media accounts, it would probably make a lot of sense to do it yourself. In fact, many businesses that eventually work with a digital marketing agency continue to do some of their online marketing in-house.
But hiring an agency gives you the best of both worlds. You get the most out of your online marketing strategies while still being able to focus on other aspects of your business.
Here are some essential factors to consider when comparing in-house with outsourced marketing agencies.
- Company culture, vision, and values. An in-house approach often seems the better option when building a team that shares your vision, values, and culture, as an external agency needs time to get a sense of your day-to-day operations.
- Marketing goals. If you need to ramp up your marketing efforts now, the speediest way to do it isn’t necessarily by going through the often drawn-out hiring process. A marketing agency can jump in quickly.
- The need for advanced tech skills and tools. Different skill sets like web development, email marketing, PPC advertising, and social selling are challenging to find in one or even two people. An agency has a team of knowledgeable professionals who also have broad access to other important resources you might need.
- Marketing knowledge and expertise. Keeping a competitive edge with industry best practices is something online marketing agencies excel at. The internet marketing landscape is in constant flux, and what works today might not work tomorrow. Staying on top of the latest digital marketing trends is an agency’s bread and butter.
Ready to Outsource Your Digital Marketing?
Depending on your needs and capabilities, in-house and outsourcing digital marketing can both be good choices. Still on the fence? Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton digital marketing agency that can help you make the right decision. Call us today to learn more.
- How to Get Online Reviews to Support Your Online Marketing
- How to Use Email in Your Internet Marketing Strategy
- 6 Musts for a Successful Digital Marketing Strategy
- The Benefits of Outsourcing Digital Marketing to an Agency
- Consumers Have Changed. Is Your Website Perfectly Viewable from Every Device?
- What Internet Marketing Trends Will Keep Me Relevant?
- How PPC Services Can Work For Your Business
- How to Incorporate Holiday Promotions into Your eCommerce Website Design
- Why Can’t My Local SEO Agency Guarantee 1st Page Ranking?