The Importance of Content Marketing for Search Engine Optimization
The difference between content marketing and traditional marketing isn’t always easy to articulate, but here’s a pretty good attempt:
- Traditional advertising is about getting your message in front of the most people possible.
- Content marketing is about getting it in front of the right people.
One of the biggest problems with traditional advertising is that it’s always involved a lot of interruption. Radio, TV, and newspaper ads are all designed to catch people’s attention while they’re doing something else. Since the internet appeared, content has become the go-to marketing technique. But the early low-quality content created by content farms was mostly unhelpful, with businesses using questionable SEO practices like keyword stuffing to get their websites ranked higher.
Fortunately, Google soon changed its ranking algorithms to reward high-quality content that gives consumers access to valuable information they can use when making a purchase or seeking a service. Call Smart WSI Marketing, your local internet marketing company, to learn more.
Content Marketing for SEO
The term “content marketing” covers a lot of ground. As part of an overall internet marketing strategy, it spans many channels and formats, with more being invented every day.
Here are just some of the content marketing tactics a digital marketing agency typically employs:
- Printed material
- Video games
- Apps and interactive content
- YouTube channels
- Social media posts
Digital Marketing and Your Content Marketing Strategy
Like all your other online marketing strategies, your business’s content marketing strategy is tied to your business goals. Whether you’re launching a new product, focusing on client retention, or expanding into new markets, it’s essential to define your goal or goals before you lay the framework for your content marketing strategy.
An internet marketing agency can help you quickly identify the business-related topic you’re looking to be known for. For instance, if you own a home improvement company hoping to increase brand awareness, your topics might be kitchen remodels, home additions, and whole-house renovations. But before you start creating content around these topics, you need to:
- Get to know your audience. This is one of the most challenging parts of content marketing but probably the most essential.
- Create customer personas to guide you in choosing what types of content to produce.
- Design different content for the top, middle, and bottom of your sales funnel.
- Write creative briefs that cover everything from titles and headlines to distribution channels and calls to action.
When investing in content marketing, you should focus on quality over quantity, although consistent, regular content creation is a must. Be sure to work with specialists who understand your industry or niche so the content they create is useful to your audience.
Content Marketing with a Distinctive Touch
Successful content marketing campaigns build a connection between your brand and customers, bringing real value and fulfilling your customers’ needs. If you want support in creating high-quality content for your business, Smart WSI Marketing can help. Our Edmonton digital marketing agency specializes in SEO services that reflect your brand’s personality and voice and position it as an expert in your industry. Contact us today to learn more.
- Quick Wins with Social Media Advertising
- Why Your Business Won't Survive without Content Marketing
- What the 2021 Social Media Predictions Got Wrong
- Take Action to Win Back Your Customers
- Social Media Myths that Can Hurt Your Business
- The ONE Mistake You're Making on Mobile - It's a Big One
- SEM - Your Key to Success
- What Experts Predict for SEO in 2023
- Stop Promoting Homepage Bounces
- 5 Ways Web Design Supports Your SEO Efforts