Why Your Business Should be Blogging in 2020
There is a misconception out there that blogging is not so relevant anymore. Maybe it is because the art of blogging has been around since the early days of the World Wide Web, therefore it feels “old fashion”. The truth is quite contrary. The following are some reasons why you should be blogging in 2020. Contact us to learn more about blogging for your business.
Helps With SEO
The simple truth is that a blog can help with page rankings in a positive way. Posting often provides the fresh content that Google craves. The more fresh content that you provide, the higher you will be ranked in search results. The higher that you rank, the more traffic your website gets. Of course, it goes without saying that the blog must contain keywords that are relevant to your business. Keywords should be used with purpose and placed strategically. Keyword stuffing your blog will not do you any favours and will actually work against your SEO efforts.
Be the Expert
Most of the time, when someone visits your website, they are there with purpose. They are looking to make a purchase, or at the very least, gain some knowledge to help make a choice to buy a product or hire a service. Therefore, it is very important to position yourself as an expert on whatever goods or services you are providing. Use the blog to set yourself apart as being an expert. From advice to tips, blogs can be used to get the readers interest and trust. Since blogs have a conversational tone, you can use them to show readers how a real person might interact with your product of service in the real world without try so hard to sell it.
Blogs can be used for creating sales funnels. It can be done for several products, if necessary. The trick here is to create well-written blogs that end with a convincing call-to-action (CTAs). CTAs can be anything you want it to be. It could be an invitation to subscribe to emails, to contact you for consultation or to buy from your website. Offer knowledge and insight to your customers that make them want more. Make them excited about following through with their call-to-action, and watch your conversions grow.
Blogs are here to Stay
The bottom line is that blogs will still be relevant for the foreseeable future. Blogging still has an important place among the marketing scheme of things, and adds value to your marketing efforts, as well as a personal voice to your website. Contact us at Smart WSI Marketing to see what our blog management services can do for you!
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO