5 Steps to Successfully Gaining a Competitive Advantage
A truth of running a business is that your competitors are always trying to steal your customers. As entrepreneurs, it’s vital to your business to maintain a competitive edge by taking advantage of technology and making your business stand out. To address these concerns, the latest entry in our 2015 Digital Marketing Video Series is called 5 Steps to Successfully Gaining a Competitive Advantage.
Step 1: Search Engine Visibility
Start by determining who your top online competitors are. Do this by doing a Google search using a phrase that best describes your business. Example, if you’re a plumber in Edmonton, search “Edmonton plumber”. The top links that come up are your competition. Take a look at their webpages. Next manage your website. You can do so by looking into tools over at Moz or Majestic. Or ask a WSI digital marketing expert to perform a WebScan analysis of your business.
Step 2: Top Performing PPC Ads (AdWords) in Google
Another strategy for gathering keywords and phrases is to look for competitor Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads. Continuing with the “Edmonton plumber” example, we can get a good idea of what companies are using digital marketing and thus which ones are worth looking into.
Step 3: Top Performing Keywords
Using information gathered in #1 and #2, form a list of keywords and phrases your competition is using. You have two options: you could try outranking your competition for keywords and phrases. Or if there seems to be a lot of action and history their keywords, it may be better to use different and less competitive keywords that will be easier to rank for, but deliver similar traffic.
Step 4: Best Performing Content
Now you need to create captivating content. Engage readers with interesting topics that are relatable.
Step 5: Social Media Engagement
Expand even further by going to your competitor’s social media profiles to see what kind of posts are working for them. You can become a mock-customer to get a first-hand experience at how they respond to customers.
When you’ve successfully gathered all the information, bring it back to your team so you can figure out ways to develop a more engaging social footprint than your competitors!REQUEST YOUR FREE COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
**The digital landscape is everchanging. Contact us to discuss current industry standards.
- Should Your Business Be Using Google AdWords PPC Advertising?
- How Professional Website Design & Development Services Will Grow Your Business
- Why Local SEO Services Matter to Both Companies and Consumers
- What Is A Bounce Rate? And How Your Business Can Lower Yours
- 2019 Digital Marketing Trends
- How Google Adwords PPC Can Target Specific Potential Customers
- Solve Your Website Woes: Turn Your Website from Zero to Hero!
- How a Digital Marketing Agency Can Help You Navigate Your First Local SEO Campaign
- The Benefits of SEO Services for Your Local Edmonton Business
- Website Design and Development Services Customers Want to See
Need Help with Your Digital Marketing? Reach Out to Us!