Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
Publishing relevant, useful content for your readers is essential to improving your website’s local SEO results. Content like FAQs, manuals, blog posts, and articles all work together to increase rankings, traffic, and leads. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton SEO company that can help your business improve its content marketing efforts to better support your local SEO campaigns. Contact us to learn more.
How Local SEO and Content Marketing Work Together
Customers search for local businesses every day. If you want to attract these searchers to your store or eCommerce website, you need to employ search engine optimization (SEO) techniques that make it easier for them to find you. Content marketing offers a terrific opportunity for your local business to compete.
To understand how SEO and content marketing make a formidable team, it’s important to know what each does individually:
- Search engine optimization is the technical process of increasing quality traffic to your website.
- Content marketing focuses on using valuable and relevant content to drive profitable client action.
Your website couldn’t exist without the written word (content). SEO is how you make that content deliver more qualified leads who are also more likely to convert.
How to Create Great Local Content
As any SEO expert will tell you, creating great content isn’t easy. Here are some of our SEO agency’s favourite ways to optimize your content marketing for local search.
Make blogging a regular habit. Informative and entertaining blog posts, particularly those that focus on local topics of
interest, are a great way to improve your ranking for local searches. “Best Of” and “Top Ten” lists are always fun but don’t stop there.
For instance, if you own a car dealership, you don’t need to write only about the cars in your inventory. Road trip posts and stories on
“my first car” are good examples of how to personalize your blog.
Cross-promote on social media. In 2020, over 3.6 billion people were using social media worldwide. The odds are
good that your target audience is among them. When promoting your latest blog posts or other content, be sure to make your social posts
more than “read our latest blog.” Also, make it a point to engage with your users by replying to comments and messages and asking them for
feedback or questions.
Use FAQs to create other content. FAQs have become hot SEO real estate on websites. It’s great that people can find the
answers they need there, but why not kick it up a notch and find new prospects by expanding a short FAQ answer into a full blog post?
Customer testimonials and case studies are unique to your business, making them doubly interesting to your audience.
No matter which content you’re creating, the key to making it work for your local SEO strategy is to share only relevant and helpful information your customers can use. It may be keywords and phrases that bring them to your website, but it’s what you offer them once they arrive that will keep them there.
Digital Marketing Done Right: Edmonton SEO Services
If you’re looking to grow your website’s local traffic and sales, content marketing and SEO might be the ticket you need. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton SEO company that can help your business rank better and attract local customers who need exactly what you offer. To learn more, contact us today.
- What Internet Marketing Trends Will Keep Me Relevant?
- How to Incorporate Holiday Promotions into Your eCommerce Website Design
- Why Can’t My Local SEO Agency Guarantee 1st Page Ranking?
- Templated vs Custom Website Design: Which Better Suits Your Business?
- Responding to Online Negative Customer Reviews
- What Do You Need to Run a Successful Internet Marketing Campaign?
- 3 Ways to Catch Up to Your Competition After Inevitably Being Left Behind
- Top 5 Marketing Tools to Complement your eCommerce Website Design
- 4 Tips to Gain Online Credibility
- What do You Need to Know About One-Time SEO Services?