5 Signs That Its Time To Invest In A New Web Design For Your Edmonton Business
Investing in a new web design can seem like a waste of time, especially if you have the mindset of “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it” – but how do you know that it’s not broken? Because websites exist in such a fluid industry where technology is always rushing on to the next thing, a website can start to break down when it isn’t keeping up with the latest consumer demands.Here are our top warning signs that your Edmonton website needs a makeover:
1. Your bounce rates are increasing steadily. Bounce rates refer to the rate at which users land on one of your website and leave in a very short amount of time. While this can happen on occasion simply due to user error, it’s a bad sign if this rate is higher than average or increasing.
2. If your customers are experiencing navigation issues. If your customers are having trouble finding important information on your website, it’s essential that you invest in a website redesign. Frustration with a website is one of the top reasons for online consumers to move to your competitor, causing you to miss out on important business opportunities in Edmonton.
3. If your site is using outdated technology. Because online trends and technology are constantly changing, the technology on which you built your website can become outdated – affecting its look as well as its functionality. A good example of this is Flash – a technology that was very popular but is no longer even supported by browsers, making your site problematic to view.
4. Your brand has evolved since your website was created. Brands are constantly evolving to take on the changing needs of the market place – and, as one of your primary marketing tools, it’s essential that your Edmonton website reflect this accurately, or you’ll be sending the wrong idea to your online customers.
5. Your top competitor has updated their website. Your competitor will get increased traffic, attention and visibility because of their new website design, pushing your site out of their competitive space in Edmonton. Like all marketing, your website is about being better than your competitors in every way, so it’s important that you are offering a comparable experience to your online consumers.
If you'd like more advice on investing in a new web design, contact our digital marketing experts in Edmonton today. We also offer other online marketing services such as Paid Search Advertising (PPC & Display Advertising), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Email Marketing or Video Marketing.GET YOUR FREE WEBSITE AUDIT
- What is the Difference Between Marketing and Advertising?
- Still Wondering if Your Retail Business Should be Selling Online?
- Foundational SEO: The Basics of Getting Found Online
- Why Your Business Website Should be Built on a Cloud-Based CMS
- How Does Web Design Relate to PPC Advertising?
- How to Use Facebook to Your Advantage
- Publish and Share Seasonal Content to Boost Your Local SEO Results
- Boost Your eCommerce Sales with These Marketing Strategies
- Make Your Website a Joy for First Time Visitors
- Adjusting Your Online Presence for the New Normal