DIY Websites: A Cost Saver or Costly Mistake?
Website design can be an exciting and fun endeavor. But it’s also a serious undertaking that can literally make or break your business. We know that hiring a professional website design agency is an investment, but it can also be one of the best investments you make. An experienced Edmonton website design company like Smart WSI Marketing knows how to integrate your company’s vision with the products and services that you sell. We’ll show you how to build a cohesive online presence that generates leads and positions your brand for success. Contact us to learn more.
Why Build a Business Website?
It is estimated up to 40% of small to midsize businesses haven’t invested in web design. Some say they don’t have the time, money, or skills to build a site. Surprisingly, many think they don’t need a website at all; however, they go hand in hand with social media campaigns and other advertising efforts.
This year’s health crisis has made in-person business more difficult and may be behind the sudden surge in people looking to finally build a website for their business. That’s a smart decision for many reasons, but here are just a few:
- Customers expect it. This might be reason enough to invest in web design!
- Stay competitive. Many of your competitors likely have company websites. Don’t give your customers a reason to buy from them.
Extend your reach. When your website design includes eCommerce you’re literally open 24 hours a day. Online shopping trends continue
to soar and you can see a dramatic boost in sales.
Good web design also makes your brand more reputable and trustworthy, is easy to keep up-to-date, and helps find new local customers.
Web Design: DIY or Hire a Pro?
If you’re struggling with whether to hire a professional website design agency or try to do it yourself, consider this:
- DIY web design is less expensive, but you also get a lot less. You’re limited in functionality and when you want to transfer your content it can be difficult.
- A professional web design agency can create a totally custom website that’s unique to your brand. DIY platforms have nice themes, but many of your competitors may be the using the same ones.
- Most DIY website platforms have less than adequate SEO tools. The SEO benefits that come from a professionally designed website are often worth the cost alone.
- Finally, you can get much more bang for your buck when working with a professional website design agency. While the upfront costs may seem steep, hiring a professional web design firm means your site will be built around best practices to set your business up for online success. It also allows you to focus your time and energy on other important matters, like growing your business.
Don’t Go It Alone
So, DIY or hire a professional? Obviously, we believe the best way to make a great first impression and convert visitors into customers is with a professionally designed website. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company that brings years of experience and expertise to building websites that increase traffic and conversions. Contact us today to learn more about we can do it for you.
- The Importance of Content Marketing for Search Engine Optimization
- Online Marketing Tips for eCommerce
- A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Web Design and Development from Your Digital Marketing Agency
- What is Inbound Marketing?
- Your Digital Marketing Agency’s Basic Guide to Establishing a Social Presence
- Pandemic-Driven Trends to Consider Incorporating into Your Internet Marketing Strategy
- Digital Marketing Services: A Cost of Doing Business or an Investment?
- What Is A Landing Page?
- How to Get Online Reviews to Support Your Online Marketing
- How to Kiss Your Competitive Edge Goodbye