Stop Promoting Homepage Bounces
Citing convenience and speed, a research study by Forrester published earlier this year shows mobile consumers are choosing mobile friendly websites over retail apps. If you have already invested in a companion app for your Edmonton business and are promoting it on your mobile site's home page, you might be promoting higher bounce rates for your site, which means lower conversions.
Fear, uncertainty and doubt, coined "FUD" is a guerrilla tactic used in marketing that involves demeaning a competitor's product in order to promote your own. In this case, you may be sabotaging your own mobile website in favour of promoting your app without even realizing it. The language and form you use to encourage consumers to use your app may put the mobile experience you are offering in a bad light, causing people to leave the site promptly, resulting in high bounce rates.
What to Look For
Review the home pages of your mobile friendly websites from a customer point of view. Are you using language like "Download our app for the best experience!", or "Use the app to get better deals!" or other such promises? If so, you are cultivating FUD and letting your potential customers know your mobile site is inferior to your app. Since your app likely serves a different purpose than your mobile site and many people are choosing not to use apps, you are possibly turning a lot of potential buyers away.
The Big Fix
If you want to maintain your app for the benefits it can provide, you can do it without diminishing the value of your mobile site. Here are a few suggestions:
Remember, if you are promoting a high bounce rate with the suggestion that your mobile friendly websites aren't as good as your app, you're defeating the time and money spent on optimizing your site for conversions.
WSI Edmonton has what you need to keep visitors on your page and maximize your mobile conversions. Call us at 780-758-5800 or contact us to find out more.GET YOUR FREE WEBSITE AUDIT
- Quick Internet Marketing Wins You Can Do Yourself
- Tips to Refresh Your Content to Improve Search Engine Rankings
- How to Win Over the Ever-Evolving Consumer with an Awesome eCommerce Website
- 5 Web Design Trends that Look Good & Help Drive Leads
- How Internet Marketing Benefits Your Business
- How to Choose Keywords for Local SEO
- The Biggest eCommerce Website Blunders to Avoid
- Does your Website Need a Design Overhaul?
- Know Your Customer: Why Persona Development is Important for Achieving Success Online
- The Advantages of Blogging for Local SEO