Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
When customers visit your business website, they want to know they’re going to have an enjoyable experience that lingers long after they’ve visited. You want to make sure, then, that your website is a joy for both first-time visitors and long-time customers. And if you want more conversions, you want it to load quickly and be easy to navigate. Most importantly, you want to offer a safe and secure experience where a customer’s personal and sensitive information is protected from hackers. Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company with the expertise needed to build secure websites that offer your customers the exceptional online experience they’re looking for. Contact us to learn more.
Why Security Matters for Website Design
There are three main reasons your business web design must be secure:
- It builds customer trust.
- It meets Google’s and other search engines’ latest standards.
- It’s good for business.
Building a secure website design is not only good for your customers’ safety and peace of mind, but it’s also the right thing to do to show them how much you care about them and appreciate their business.
Build Security into Your Website Design
Building a secure website considers things like SSL/HTTPS, CAPTCHAS, and tools and techniques designed to avoid spam and hackers.
SSL/HTTPS protects any information customers share with you, even if it’s only their name, phone number, and email address.
If you sell products online and allow customers to create accounts, a secure web design is crucial to making sure their passwords and
other sensitive data remains safe. Finally, if you don’t have an SSL-secured website, you’re putting your business at a disadvantage,
making it more difficult to find and turning off customers who are looking for a secure place to browse and buy.
CAPTCHA tests are those clickable picture quizzes websites use to ensure a viewer isn’t a bot. Some ask a visitor to type
in a series of numbers, letters, and characters to prove they’re a live human being. They’re designed to prevent spam that can quickly
fill your website with junk postings and spam user accounts. Many hackers use automated form submissions to find security holes in
your web design.
Hackers attack at least 50,000 websites every day. Common website security risks hackers pose include DDoS (distributed
denial-of-service) attacks, malware and viruses, and spam. Using HTTPS protocols, frequently updating software, adopting good password
management, and setting in place adequate access control measures are all ways a digital website design agency can enhance your site’s
Time to Invest in a Secure Website
It’s more important than ever to ensure your business’ web design is SSL/HTTPS secure. If you want to create a secure online experience for your customers, Smart WSI Marketing is an Edmonton website design company with years of experience building websites that offer visitors a safe place to surf and shop. Contact us today to learn more.
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO