Why Setting Campaign Goals is the First Step in a Great Online Advertisement Strategy
Setting SMART goals -- that is, marketing campaign goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound -- is the key to developing a winning online advertising strategy. Whether your objective is to boost website traffic, increase leads by a specific percentage, or sell a certain number of subscriptions within the next six months, your SMART goals will help you effectively achieve it. Below are some common examples of online advertising goals.
- Increase sales - If your objective is to increase sales, your online advertising strategy may include pay-per-click ads (PPC), display or geofencing ads, or social media advertising on Facebook or Instagram.
- Increase website traffic - If increasing your website's traffic is your objective, your online advertising strategy is likely focused on ad campaigns that drive traffic like PPC or Facebook combined with some baseline SEO. This gives you more visibility in search engines which should drive more traffic to your website.
- Improve website traffic - Improved traffic does not necessarily mean more visitors, but rather better visitors. These are users that are the most intentional and likely to buy from you. If improved traffic is your objective, then your online strategy should be designed around other efforts like improving your website content, adding new content, reviewing your website for enhanced user experience, and ensuring your SEO is up to date.
- Increase foot traffic - Foot traffic is normally not a measurable metric, however with Geofencing, it is possible! You can measure how many users visited your brick-and-mortar after viewing your online advertisements. This is so valuable for storefront businesses.
- Establish authority - To establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry, your online strategy needs to be geared toward earning people's trust. One of the best ways to do this is to create a blog and consistently produce timely, valuable content for your target audience.
- Grow brand awareness - If no one can find your website, your business may as well not even exist. An online advertisement strategy that incorporates social media marketing campaigns can help you grow your website traffic and boost your company's visibility online. If you run a local business, your online advertising strategy may be focused on building up your business' visibility in local listings, maps, and review sites.
- Get more social media followers - If your goal is to increase your number of followers on social media, your online advertising strategy might consist of posting to video and photo sharing sites, participating in conversations happening within your niche, and sharing useful content with your followers on core social platforms through a combination of organic posting and ad campaigns.
Contact our Edmonton office today, to start setting SMART goals to improve the effectiveness of any online advertising strategy.
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Brand’s Online Presence
- DIY Websites: A Cost Saver or Costly Mistake?
- Live Chat vs Chatbots: How to Choose Which is Right for You
- Things to Consider When Doing Local SEO for Multiple Locations
- Email Marketing for eCommerce: What Works and What Doesn’t?
- Website Mistakes that Could Cost You Customers
- How Geofencing Display Ads Can Help Your Local Business Reach New Audiences
- Online Tools & Strategies Designed to Help Businesses Win at Local SEO