Ninja-Like SEO Secrets
Getting your website to rank high on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo! is so critical to your Edmonton business' success, yet it may seem you need ninja-like skills and secrets to get there. The truth is, search engine optimization, more commonly known as SEO, is all about research and hard work. There you have it, the secret is out!
The Lowdown on SEO
Contrary to popular belief, you cannot buy the privilege of being in the top sites returned when people type something into their search bars. You can certainly get involved in search engine marketing campaigns, but that is an entirely different animal than search engine optimization. SEO is how you get traffic to your site organically, or "free". Websites are ranked according to their relevance, activity and authority in relation to the search terms entered by users.
This is where research becomes critical to the success of your SEO campaign. Extensive research into the search terms people are using to find businesses just like yours as well as the types of people doing the searches will shape how you go about gaining relevance. Once you have this information, you can begin creating content that is tailored to the people looking for your offerings, with information that uses the search terms you identified. This does not mean filling up post after post with your keywords; the information you create has to be interesting, useful and fresh to be relevant. By fresh, that means frequent updates to your content.
Generating Activity and Proving Authority
Here is where your social media and blogging efforts play a large role. This is your chance to show you are an authority in your niche and search engines love that. If people enjoy your content or find it useful, they share it with their connections. One piece of well-written content can be shared across multiple platforms countless times, which tells the search engines there is a lot of activity around your content, suggesting you are an authority in your field, which is tantamount to SEO.
Search engine optimization for your Edmonton business takes solid research and frequent publishing of high-quality content. Are you ready to establish yourself as an authority and capitalize on SEO? WSI Edmonton can do more than share ninja-like secrets; we can apply our skills to get your rankings higher. Call 780-785-5800 or contact us to get started.
- Pay-Per-Click Maintenance Checklist to Consistently Improve Your Results
- The Core Advantage Local Businesses Have Over Big Box Stores When It Comes to Selling Online
- Content Marketing Tips for Local SEO
- Top 10 Things to Know About Website Security
- A Guide to Internet Marketing for Seasonal Business
- How Long Does It Really Takes to Improve Your Local SEO?
- 5 Steps to Creating a Powerful “About Us” Page for Your eCommerce Store
- Should Your Brand Drive Your Website Design or Vice Versa?
- Why You Can Still Benefit from an eCommerce Website if You Have a Local Retail Shop
- 3 Big Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Content Marketing for Local SEO